May 25, 2017
Do you have badly damaged teeth that you’re at risk of losing? Do you already have missing teeth? Are you tired of loose dentures? If you are looking for a natural-feeling and looking tooth replacement, keep reading to learn about the available dental implants in Carrollton! Either Dr. Marcos Caballeros or Dr. Carlos Parra can help you replace your damaged or missing teeth with secure, durable dental implants.
Dental Implants Explained
Parts of a Dental Implant
Dental implants are an innovative restorative dentistry treatment option that replaces your natural tooth from the roots to the crown. They consist of three parts:
- The implant, which replaces your tooth root with a biocompatible titanium post.
- The abutment, which holds your restoration in place.
- The restoration, which replaces the visible portion of your missing tooth or teeth with the prosthetic that best fits your dental needs.
Dental implants literally fuse with your jawbone with a process known as osseointegration. So they provide a sturdy, secure foundation just as your natural teeth would for a variety of restorations, including:
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- Implant-retained dentures
Benefits of Dental Implants
When you compare other restorative dentistry options, dental implants also offer many other advantages. You can benefit from dental implants because they:
- Feel, look, and function like your natural teeth.
- Prevent jawbone deterioration and soft tissue loss, which helps prevent wrinkles around your mouth and premature aging.
- Do not require any special dental care; you can care from them as your natural teeth are cared for.
- Can last a lifetime with proper care.
Because dental implants require a dense jawbone for a strong hold, we will have to assess your jawbone before recommending them.
Suitable Candidates for Dental Implants
The ideal candidates for dental implants:
- Have healthy teeth and gums.
- Have sufficient bone density to support the dental implant.
- Are committed to maintaining good oral hygiene.
- Do not suffer from uncontrolled diabetes or autoimmune disorders which may impact your ability to heal.
- Have not had treatment with bisphosphonate medications (usually for cancer treatment).
- Are non-smokers or are willing to stop smoking during the dental implant process.
- Are willing to commit this amount of time to the dental implant procedure takes overall including the healing process.
What to Expect During Your Dental Implant Treatment
After careful planning, your very own dentist in Carrollton will numb the area for optimum comfort, and then precisely place your dental implant. Following a brief healing period, we will attach your beautiful restoration! If you are about the idea of oral surgery, you can relax. We use local anesthetics and doctor prescribed pain medication to help you throughout your dental implant process.
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
On top of a loss of oral function or a flawed appearance, missing teeth can cause other issues, including:
- Neighboring teeth that drift out of alignment
- Pressure on surrounding teeth while chewing can cause further dental problems.
- You can’t enjoy the foods you love.
- You may experience speech issues.
- Your confidence and quality of life can decline.
If you’re in need of secure tooth replacements, contact On Point Dentistry to learn about your dental implant options! Were happy to schedule a consultation for you with either Dr. Caballeros or Dr. Parra.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.