June 15, 2020
From CDC-approved instrument sterilization to personal protective equipment, your dentist and their team take significant precautions to follow proper infection control. However, in light of COVID-19, these already extensive measures are being taken to the next level to provide you peace-of-mind during your next visit. If you have found yourself wondering whether you should go to the dentist for a routine exam and cleaning, then read on for what practices are doing to remain a safe dentist during the current pandemic.
5 Sterilization Protocols from the CDC
Even pre-pandemic, your dentist took extensive measures to create a sterile environment that is free from cross-contamination. Today, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are recommending additional measures to protect both the dental team and their patients from exposure to the novel COVID-19 virus. Therefore, can expect the below sterilization protocols at your next visit:
- Hospital-grade hand sanitizing stations throughout the office for patients and staff.
- Advanced chairside suction that minimizes aerosol contamination and improves air quality.
- Additional personal protective equipment (i.e., face shields, disposable coats, etc.).
- Cleaning after every appointment.
- Anti-microbial rinse for you to use before your appointment.
4 Ways to Practice Social Distancing at Your Next Visit
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, social distancing has played a crucial role in limiting the spread of COVID-19. While you and your dentist will inevitably breach these guidelines, you can maintain a 6-foot distance with other patients and the office staff by:
- Implementing virtual waiting rooms that allow you to check-in from your phone and sit in your car until the treatment room is ready.
- Opting for minimal to no contact greetings, like air high-fives and waves.
- Introducing sequenced patient scheduling, which allows the team to control foot traffic in and out of the building.
- Offering family-friendly appointments that allow each member of your household to get the dental care they need in one visit.
Pandemic or not, your safety is your dentist’s top priority. Therefore, they are happy to dedicate the time, skill, and resources needed to ensure that you are protected during your appointment. That way, you can get the dental care you need without compromising your safety!
About the Practice
At On Point Dentistry, each member of their team is united by a passion for delivering customized treatment plans that focus on each patient’s specific needs. With their staff at their side, Dr. Marco Caballeros and Dr. Carol Parra use their extensive experience to deliver world-class care at their offices in Carrollton and Frisco. If you would like to learn about the additional measures they are taking to practice dental safety during COVID-19, don’t hesitate to visit their website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.