Invisalign® Clear Aligners – Carrollton, TX
Straighter Teeth Without the Mouthful of Metal
If you’re an adult with misaligned teeth, you’re no longer stuck between the choice of living with a less than perfect smile or having to face the world with bulky metal braces. Now, you can get Invisalign at On Point Dentistry, a treatment that features a discreet appearance and can still deliver beautiful results! With it, you’ll be able to smile with confidence during every step of treatment, and no one will notice you’re using it—they’ll only see your beautiful smile afterward!
Why Choose On Point Dentistry for Invisalign® Clear Aligners?
- Specially-Designed for Each Patient
- Perfect for Both Adults & Teens
- Friendly Team that Always Puts Patients’ Needs First
How Invisalign Straightens Teeth
Using a clear, plastic material, Invisalign is a series of thin aligners that are custom-made for your needs. Each time you switch to a new set, your teeth will gently move into the desired position, allowing you to move one step closer to your new smile.
Invisalign aligners are to be worn 20-22 hours each day in order for your teeth to receive the continuous pressure they need. And unlike traditional braces that require the use of metal brackets and wires, Invisalign aligners are clear and discreet, making them virtually undetectable to others.
How Long Does Treatment Take?
No two patients are the same, so your treatment timeline may vary in comparison to another individual. However, the average amount of time a person spends wearing Invisalign aligners is between 12 and 18 months. That is if there is no delay in treatment.
It’s important that you make sure you are wearing your clear braces for 20-22 hours each day and make sure you take out your aligners before eating, drinking, or cleaning them. This will protect them against damage and will ensure your smile remains healthy and in excellent condition throughout treatment.
If you must take out your trays for a special event, make sure you reinsert them as soon as possible. The same is true when eating or drinking. After rinsing your mouth and/or brushing your teeth, rinse off your aligners and quickly put them back in.
Benefits of Invisalign
When Invisalign introduced clear aligners over two decades ago, the field of orthodontics was forever changed. Since then, millions of patients around the world have used this discreet treatment option to transform their smile without bulky metal and dark-colored wires. However, the fact that they are virtually undetectable isn’t the only reason you should consider straightening your teeth with Invisalign. Keep reading to learn all about the valuable benefits!
- Practically Invisible: Invisalign bypasses “metal mouth” by using clear aligners to address everything from minor misalignment to bite issues. When placed on your teeth, they practically disappear, enabling you to maintain your day-to-day appearance while enhancing your smile.
- Entirely Removable: Unlike traditional braces, you can take Invisalign off whenever you’d like. Since you must wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, it is a good idea to only remove them at mealtimes or when you’re brushing and flossing your teeth.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Traditional braces require you to avoid foods like apples and corn on the cob to prevent a broken bracket or snapped wire. Fortunately, the same cannot be said for Invisalign. Just pop out your trays when indulging in your favorite foods and place them back in once you’ve cleaned your teeth!
- Better Oral Care: Brushing and flossing around braces can be a hassle, but not with Invisalign. Simply slip your aligners off before completing your oral hygiene routine for a thorough cleaning that will keep your teeth and gums in tip-top shape.
- Straight Teeth = Fewer Dental Problems: Gapped and crowded teeth leave room for food particles, plaque, and other debris to get lodged in the crevices of your mouth. Invisalign can properly align your teeth, improving your oral health in the process. That way, you can enjoy a smile that is as healthy as it is beautiful!
- Reduces Your Risk of Overall Health Issues: Dental problems, like gum disease, don’t just affect your mouth, they can negatively impact your vital organs as well. With Invisalign, you can enjoy a more beautiful smile that is also significantly less prone to dental problems, protecting your overall wellbeing.
Other Valuable Benefits
- Comfortable Fit: Unlike metal alternatives, Invisalign was designed with your comfort in mind. The smooth plastic aligners are custom-made to fit comfortably against the gums and lips. So, they are much less likely to irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, especially when you compare them to pokey wires and rough metal brackets!
- Faster Treatment Time: Traditional braces can take anywhere from 18 to 24+ months to complete. Invisalign, on the other hand, has an average treatment time of only 12 months!
- Fewer Office Visits: To keep your teeth moving in the right direction, metal braces require frequent visits to your dentist for adjustments. With Invisalign, you will work through a series of trays before returning to the office, requiring significantly fewer visits.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
Knowing whether you are eligible to receive treatment with Invisalign is up to our team at On Point Dentistry. While there is a very good chance you can achieve the results you deserve with clear aligners, there are some patients who will need traditional braces or other, alternative methods of treatment.
If you have crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth or you have a minor bite alignment issue, you are likely to receive the green light for Invisalign.
If you’re ready to find out and want to know more about Invisalign and its many benefits, schedule a consultation today with one of our qualified dental experts. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!
Invisalign is undoubtedly the best way to get straighter teeth without a mouthful of metal. However, committing to an orthodontic treatment is a big decision, so it’s likely that you have a few questions that you need to have answered first. We’ll be more than happy to walk you through everything you need to know and address all your concerns during your initial consultation. In the meantime, we invite you to look over the following Invisalign FAQs to learn more about this unique treatment!
Does Wearing Invisalign Aligners Hurt?
Invisalign aligners are crafted from a single piece of smooth, biocompatible plastic to fit snugly over your teeth. Without any sharp metal wires or brackets, you can expect a much more comfortable straightening experience than that with traditional braces. However, any method of straightening teeth or correcting bite issues is bound to cause some discomfort.
Your teeth and jaw may feel sore when you first start wearing a new set of aligners. Thankfully, your symptoms should be mild and short-lived. While soreness should fade within a day or two, you can help speed up the process by enjoying cold foods or drinks, applying an ice pack, or taking over-the-counter pain relievers as needed. Many patients report that starting a new set of aligners right before bed allows you to sleep through most of the discomfort.
What Foods & Drinks Do I Need to Avoid During My Invisalign Treatment?
Traditional metal braces require that you adhere to certain dietary restrictions to keep your treatment on track. This isn’t the case with Invisalign! You don’t have to make any adjustments to your diet as you straighten your smile with these removable aligners. Simply take your aligners out, enjoy your snack, meal, or beverage, then give your teeth a quick brush before popping them back into place. As long as your aligners don’t come in contact with any foods or drinks other than plain water, you can keep enjoying anything on your plate!
How Are Invisalign Aligners Cared for?
The removable nature of Invisalign aligners makes it easy to maintain great oral hygiene all throughout your treatment. This benefit also makes it easy to keep your aligners clean! Just keep a few basic rules in mind:
- Don’t use normal toothpaste to clean them: Normal toothpaste is too abrasive and may scratch your aligners. Instead, just wash them off with water and brush them with a soft-bristled toothbrush and an approved cleaning solution.
- Rinse your aligners off every time you take them out: Plaque and bacteria can harden onto your aligners if you don’t rinse them off before they dry out.
- Always brush after eating, snacking, or drinking: It’s essential that you brush your teeth before putting your aligners back in after eating or drinking anything to protect them from discoloration and stinky particles.
Are Invisalign Results Permanent?
Invisalign can help you achieve the straighter, healthier smile you deserve and keep it for life! That is, however, as long as you take the right steps to protect your results. Once you’ve completed your Invisalign treatment, you’ll need to wear a custom-made retainer for a certain amount of time. This holds your teeth in their ideal positions as your jawbone finishes healing and strengthens around their roots. We’ll give you specific instructions at the end of your treatment for how often to wear your retainer to ensure you keep your new smile for life.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I am in Pain & Need Help I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Interested in Cosmetic Dentistry I Want a Straighter Smile I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist View Our Services