Dental Implant Aftercare – Carrollton, TX
Steps for a Smooth & Comfortable Recovery
If you just completed your dental implant procedure, congratulations! A strong, beautiful, and healthy smile is right around the corner. All you have to do is ensure that you have a smooth and safe recovery. That’s why we want our patients to know some useful aftercare tips. By taking the proper steps, you can maintain good oral health while promoting the healing of your dental implants. Keep reading to see how this is possible!
Why Choose On Point Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- Certified Periodontist on Staff
- Placement and Restoration at the Same Location
- High-Quality Dental Materials
Make Oral Hygiene A Priority
After your surgery, one of the most important things you can do is to keep your mouth clean. Follow these oral healthcare tips to promote healing:
- Avoid brushing the site of surgery for the first few days after. Be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush when brushing, and after 48 hours, you can begin to lightly brush the area.
- Mix a teaspoon of salt into a cup of hot water and use it as mouthwash. This can help speed up the healing process in the first week. Additionally, be sure that the water you’re using isn’t too hot to avoid burning yourself.
- Try to avoid chewing on the side of your surgery for as long as possible, and definitely rinse your mouth out after each time you eat.
Protect Your Dental Implants
Certain factors and lifestyle habits can affect the healing process, making your recovery slower and even unsafe. That’s why you should avoid:
- Eating until your anesthesia has worn off
- Eating or drinking hot food items during the first day
- Smoking or using tobacco products
- Swilling liquid over the affected area in the first 24 hours
- Touching the site with your tongue or fingers
- Exercise during the first 2 days
Schedule Regular Recall Visits
Once you’re well on your way towards healed implants, you should still visit our office for follow-up appointments. You’ll come into our office, where we will carefully examine your smile to make sure that your recovery is moving along properly. Then, in about 3 to 4 months, you’ll come back into our office for your permanent restorations.
If you have any other questions about dental implants, or steps you should take for aftercare, contact our office today!
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I am in Pain & Need Help I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Interested in Cosmetic Dentistry I Want a Straighter Smile I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist View Our Services