Teeth Whitening – Carrollton, TX
Brighter Smiles In an Hour or Less
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services in large part because staining is a common problem that is difficult to avoid. Some people naturally have whiter teeth, but for others, staining and discoloration leave their smiles looking less than vibrant. Dental stains can be caused by foods and drinks consumed daily, tobacco use, and certain medications. Depending on the source of dental discoloration, patients may be able to improve their smiles with in-office or at-home professional teeth whitening from On Point Dentistry.
Why Choose On Point Dentistry for Teeth Whitening?
- In-Office & Take-Home Treatments Available
- Able to Eliminate Stains Due to Coffee, Wine, Tea, & Tobacco
- Early Morning Appointments Available
In-Office Teeth Whitening
We use the popular Opalescence BOOST for in-office whitening procedures. Opalescence utilizes a unique combination of professional-grade whitening gel and LED lights that catalyze the chemical reaction that takes place during teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is an oxidation process, and because oxidation can damage soft tissue, it’s essential that gums and lips are protected before treatment begins. Once the soft tissue is isolated, our dentists coat teeth in Opalescence BOOST Whitening gel and apply the LED light. The application is removed after half an hour to 45 minutes. With in-office treatment, patients achieve dramatic results – up to 10 shades brighter! – in just one visit.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
For patients who are more comfortable whitening teeth at home and those who prefer to gradually lighten teeth, at-home whitening may be the best solution. Our dental office offers Opalescence take-home whitening kits. They come in a variety of formulas, flavors, and wear times, so treatment is fully customizable for individual patients. We also craft a custom application tray so whitening gel stays on the teeth, protecting the soft tissue.
How Do I Know Which Option is Right for Me?
Choosing the right whitening product often depends on the cause of dental discoloration. Some of the most common dental stains and appropriate whitening options include:
- Minor surface level stains caused by food and drink – these types of stains are typically easy to remove. Some patients even experience success with over the counter whitening products. We highly recommend using Opalescence Go in these cases. This affordable, quick whitening product uses prefilled disposable whitening gel application trays to brighten teeth in less than two weeks.
- Deep stains below the enamel – for patients who have stains below the surface of their teeth, more intense whitening is necessary to penetrate the enamel and release stains. One of the stronger Opalescence at-home formulas or our in-office treatment are the best solutions for these deeper stains.
- Tetracycline stains – these stains are notoriously difficult to remove, but some patients have success using in-office or at-home bleaching options, or a combination of the two.
- Age-related tooth discoloration – in most cases, discoloration caused by age cannot be reversed since it’s caused by the gradual wearing of the enamel that reveals the yellow-colored dentin layer below giving teeth a yellowed hew. Porcelain veneers or dental bonding may be an effective treatment for these patients.
Find out More
Ready to schedule your teeth whitening consultation? Contact Dr. Marco Caballeros and the On Point Dentistry team to schedule your appointment at our Carrollton dental office.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I am in Pain & Need Help I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Interested in Cosmetic Dentistry I Want a Straighter Smile I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist View Our Services