Nitrous Oxide Sedation – Carrollton, TX
Relax While We Care For Your Smile
Does the thought of visiting the dentist make you feel anxious and worried? If so, you’re not alone—studies report that an overwhelming 60% of people are nervous when it comes to receiving dental care. Thankfully, nitrous oxide sedation can help you overcome your dental anxiety so you can relax while we care for your smile. Your Carrollton sedation dentist offers this quick, comfortable, and safe sedation option to help make every treatment as comfortable as possible, from simple cleanings to more complex procedures. Read on to find out how nitrous oxide sedation can help you feel great about keeping your oral health on track!
How Does Nitrous Oxide Sedation Work?
Nitrous oxide sedation has a nickname that you may be more familiar with: laughing gas. This light form of sedation dentistry is well known for helping anxious patients feel light, content, and even giggly! For this method, a precise combination of nitrous oxide and oxygen are delivered via a small mask that’s placed over the nose. Almost immediately, you’ll feel your worries slip away as you enter a peaceful state of relaxation.
We’ll carefully monitor your vitals and the administration of nitrous oxide all throughout your treatment to ensure you are as comfortable and safe as possible. Many patients feel so calm that they doze off. While you’ll be conscious all throughout your appointment, you won’t be troubled by any of the sights, sounds, or feelings that would otherwise cause you anxiety.
Is Nitrous Oxide Sedation Right for Me?
Nitrous oxide is a safe choice for patients of all ages, and is commonly used to help those who:
- Suffer from mild to moderate dental anxiety.
- Have a strong gag reflex or very sensitive teeth.
- Are unable to hold their jaw open for a long period of time.
- Experience jaw, neck, or back pain while sitting in the examination chair.
- Have special needs or are young.
What Are the Benefits of Nitrous Oxide Sedation?
Making your dental appointments as pleasant as possible with nitrous oxide sedation offers numerous benefits, including:
- Easy administration: No needles or oral medication is required for nitrous oxide sedation. You’ll simply inhale a tasteless and odorless gas for a few moments.
- Quick recovery time: You’ll return to a normal state of awareness almost immediately once the mask is removed, so you can go about the rest of your day without interruption.
- Safe and trusted treatment: When administered by a dentist who has specialized training in sedation dentistry like Dr. Caballeros, nitrous oxide is a safe treatment for patients of all ages.
- Feel more confident about your smile: With the help of nitrous oxide, you can overcome your dental anxiety and get the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve.
- Prevent oral health issues in the future: When you know your visits will be comfortable, you’ll be more likely to make and keep your routine dental checkups, which play a key role in spotting and stopping oral health issues as early as possible.
Don’t let dental anxiety prevent you from achieving optimal oral health. Call us today to see if nitrous oxide sedation is a good choice for you!